Because I am still waiting for the missing fretwire I started with the body today. I had copied the body-template from my other guitar and transferred it to the body-blank.
Then I sawwd the body-blank to get a rectangular matching the body-size. I used the circular saw together with my improvised stop and experienced, that it’s not so easy to handle big pieces of wood like this at home. I could not clamp the body-blank, the stop and the working desk properly at once, so I had to hold one side with my hand, while I sawed with the circular saw. Additionally the circular-saw could not reach the depth of the alder-block. I had to cut the rest by hand with the japanese saw afterwards.
Then I used the pad-saw to saw the raw contours of the body. Though the progress was very slow it worked and the alder burned not so easily as the maple, when I sawed curves with the pad-saw. I let a lot of wood around the neck-joint, because I have still not measured to locate the correct position for the neck.
Outlook: Tomorrow I want to locate the right position for the neck-joint. Then I will first work on the neck-joint before I continue with the body-contour. I hope, that I can go deep enough with the router to carve the neck-pocket. Otherwise I had to do it manually, which will be time-consuming. I had planned to use a neck-plate, but meanwhile I have changed my mind and I will use neck fix bushing
Visit me on bandcamp